Even with the greatest intentions of eating and shopping for whole foods, we all want and need some of the goodies. I find Sundays to be a great day to plan for the rest of the week.
I suggest going through your refrigerator, now that you’ve made your special gluten-free spot in there.
****you have, haven’t you?!
Take a look at some of the recipes I’ve given you so far on previous emails and some that you find online, and create a menu plan for the week.
I throw just about any fruit: apples, pears, oranges, kiwi (with skins as that has a lot of fiber), any fruit that is in season, into my Vitamix super dooper blender. I sometimes make a tropical smoothie – pineapple, young coconut, apple, banana. I then blend my fruit with a little organic Greek yogurt – we like Wallaby Plain Lowfat or Regular, a Tablespoon of ground chia seeds (High in protein), half a lemon (with rind, when organic) and a little ginger and sometimes a date, fig, or other non-sulfate digestive fruit.
Muffins – (pre-made)
Gluten Free Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Potato Muffins
Sandi’s Egg Salad
Sandi’s Breakfast Egg Salad
Lunch is usually made from something I cooked the previous night
Salad with the protein from last night, with a little cheese (sometimes), seeds or nuts like:
Chicken, Broccoli, Goat Cheese, Pumpkin Seeds
Hummus & carrots, celery, or Organic Corn chips (we like Garden of Eatin)
KIND Bars – I especially like the Dark Chocolate, Nuts & Sea Salt
Chicken and Broccoli
Pork loin & Golden-Crusted Brussels Sprouts
Make a list of what you need.
Shopping for gluten-free food isn’t as challenging as it used to be, thanks to the plethora of gluten-free products now available at stores. I have shared some of my favorites and will continue to do so as we proceed.
While I strongly suggest sticking to a whole foods diet, it’s also nice to know about, and have some of these items to grab.
Here’s a collection of healthy staples to pop into your grocery cart.
- Udi’s Bread
- Ener-G Bread
- Seattle Brown Loaf
- Brown Rice Loaf
- Food for Life
- Multigrain English Muffins (one of my favorites with homemade Almond Butter)
- Whole Grain Brown Rice Bread
- Rice Almond Bread
- Raisin Pecan Bread
- Canyon Bakehouse
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- Bob’s Red Mill Hearty Whole Grain Bread Mix
- Food for Life gluten-free brown rice tortillas
- Rudi’s plain tortillas
- Julian Coconut wraps
- Mary’s Gone Gluten-Free Crackers – any flavor
- Crunchmaster Gluten-Free Crackers
- 7 Ancient Grain crackers
- Multi-seed crackers – any flavor
- Multi-grain crackers – any flavor
- Back to Nature Gluten-Free crackers
- Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
- Lundberg Family Farms Gluten-Free Organic Brown Rice Pasta
- Jovial Brown Rice Pastas
- Amy’s Gluten-Free Pizzas
- Udi’s Gluten-Free Pizzas and Pizza Crust
- Venice Bakery Gluten Free Pizza Crust
SNACKS AND BARS
- Lara Bars
- Kind Bars
- Bakery on Main Gluten-Free Granola Bars
- Enjoy Life Chewy Bars
PANCAKES & WAFFLES
- Nature’s Path Gluten-Free
- Homestyle Waffles
- Pumpkin Spice Waffles
- Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix
Hope these help! Let me know which you like best!
Take a photo of your gluten-free dinner and post it here on Facebook.
With Love, Life and Joy!